"Lady Jane" is all finished! This started as a cabinet with no legs
& an unflattering, beige, flower paint job. But now look how
gorgeous she is :) I went back & forth with whether I should use
chicken wire, or take the door off altogether for the open-shelf look
that's so popular. But I like the way it turned out. What do you think?
This is how she started. Step 1: Find junk, drive it home & clean it off
Step 2. Paint it in your favorite colors.
I use Cece Caldwell's chalk paint because it covers every surface imaginable without sanding. & the best part is that I can distress it by using a wet rag. I dont like sandpaper. At all. The colors I used for this are Pittsburgh Gray & Vintage White. I painted one coat of gray first, then dry brushed the white on next. Two coats of gray on the inside for the flat finish.
Step 3. Add legs.
Step 4. Put on protective top coat.
I usually wax but.....I was running low & I had my polycrylic on hand.
Well now she'll be a little more durable, so win win.
This is her almost finished, with 2 protective coats :)
Step 5. Drill hole & insert vintage knob.
Step 6. Add chicken wire, that part is way more time consuming than you think.
My husband actually did most of step 5 & 6. I don't know what I'd do without him!
TA-DA!





No comments:
Post a Comment