I am officially a vendor at the largest antique mall in the south, the A-MAZ-ING Depot at Gibson Mill in Concord, NC. Hooray! *jumps for joy while fist pumping* This place has always been a dream location of mine, so this booth adventure is very exciting, and VERY nerve-wracking. I feel like a lot of blogs make this business look easy, (maybe it is for everyone but me?). However, I want this blog to be about the learning process. I want to document my before & afters so that other booth owners can learn along with me.
This is the before picture of my booth, this was the previous owners.
This is the after picture. I think I am on the right track, but was not prepared for how much larger it is compared to my first booth. The wideness of it makes such a HUGE difference! I have since put in my handcrafted bench in front of the farm table, and a large mirror on the empty spot to the right of my sign.
Obviously, I need more smalls & wall decor. Well.... here comes the frustration because I spent so much of my money on covering the walls in burlap (they were a horrible blue color), the wood to make the dividing wall on the left, the roof, and all the supplies & merchandise already in there now, not to mention the deposit for the booth & the gas since this lovely location is an hour away.
Now, I know you are supposed to have back up merchandise, and a lot more startup money. After all, that's the smart way to start a business, right? Wrong! well you're not wrong, I'm wrong AND apparently crazy, haha. I have a hutch & a dresser at home for replacements, with no other income for new merchandise until I get my first paycheck. WHAT?!!!! You heard me. I like to live on the edge. SOOOO, my crafty self is trying to come up with things I can make around the house with found objects, junk, low budget diy. Now I have some empty window frames & chicken wire I am working my magic on. I also have some extra tin, maybe I can cut out some tin angel wings?
I have a few pieces of wood, old tin, windows, chicken wire, 2 old shovel heads, & a little paint. Let's see what I can come up with! By all means, jump in with some awesome junky suggestions please! Here's a look at the beginning of my window project. What do you think?



Looks GREAT! Can't wait to come visit!
ReplyDeletePurple Daisy!
thank you!
Delete